Personality Conflict

I wrote this dialogue between the future love interests, Milana Mikay Clarke and Travis Brinkley. I love it how their opposite personalities promise potential conflict. This scene takes place at the University Hospital, where Milana is a nurse in training.

“I thought you worked on the Lifeflight.” Milana went around the desk and picked up the clipboard, clicked her pen, but paused for his answer before writing.

Travis leaned against the desk and folded his strong arms. “I do. I work here to relax.”

“Relax?” Milana looked down at her clipboard, cynically smiling as she wrote. “And I bet you rock-climb and water-ski to relax, too.”

As Milana looked up, Travis flashed a handsome smile in her direction. She looked back down so he wouldn’t see her blushing.

“Yeah,” he said. “What’s your idea of relaxation?”

“Curling up on the couch with a good book.” She looked up again perked one side of her mouth at him. “Sitting outside at night admiring the stars.”

“Oh, okay, I see.” He raised one eyebrow at her. “And you do Pilates?”

“My friend teaches a class.” She set the clipboard back on the desk and dropped the pen in the shirt pocket of her blue scrubs. “And you lift weights.”

“You got it,” he flexed his arm and grinned at her. “Hey, I gotta go. I’ll see you around?”

Milana nodded. “Bye.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Giveaway!

I Graduated!

Annie Blogs.