SECURE Acronym by Beth Moore

Saturday, I went to see a Beth Moore Simulcast at my church. She talked about her book “So Long, Insecurity”, and how to be a woman secure in Christ and in the world around her.

A secure woman is…

Saved from herself – I have nothing to gain from my insecurity. It will never improve anything. Insecurity is not humility, it is selfishness. When I choose to be a secure woman, I don’t have to be obsessed about what others think of me and can think of myself less often.

Entitled to truth – Insecurity is not a weakness, it is unbelief. The truth is God doesn’t make mistakes. He made me the way I am and thinks I am beautiful. I am wonderful in his eyes.

Clothed with intention – I must choose to be secure every day in every situation, even if I don’t feel secure. I can’t just wait to feel secure because it will never happen.

Upended by grace – Grace is forgiveness. Insecurity causes me to be easily offended and not want to forgive. But grace is something that I can give away yet still keep it for myself. I don’t have to worry about Jesus not giving me grace when I give it away.

Rebounded by love – I am the girl that Jesus loves dearly and unfailingly. Just like grace, love from Jesus Christ will overflow and I can give freely, even (or especially) to those who don’t love me.

Exceptional in life – A secure woman will stand out and people will notice.


“You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.” Ephesians 4:22-24

Comments

  1. I viewed the simulcast from Bethlehem, GA. The acronym is now my screen saver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this!! Btw, congrats on graduating! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Giveaway!

I Graduated!

Annie Blogs.