Dear Future Guy



Katelyn drew her legs up in her favorite chair and tapped the pencil on her notepad. The words flowed into her mind and she transferred them onto paper…


May 10, 2010

Dear Future Husband,

It feels kind of weird writing to you when I don’t even know you. But I know you’re out there. Somewhere. I’m writing because I want you to know I’m praying for you. To grow in the Lord everyday and become a strong man of God. I’m also writing to make a pledge of purity to you, God, and myself. Not only sexually, but also emotionally. I pray that you’ll be able to resist temptations and stay pure for me, like I am for you. With God’s help, I will do everything I can to stay pure. I promise myself to only you. Forever.

With love, Katelyn


Years later, Katelyn dug out the letter from inside her journal. Could the guy she just went out with be the one she’d give this letter? She smiled, remembering the time they had together and re-read the letter, reminding herself of her pledge to purity. To guard her heart and not give it away, no matter what.


In a few months, Katelyn climbed into bed and grabbed her journal and pulled the letter out. Disappointment and regret clouded her thoughts...

Continue reading at http://realteenfaith.com/2010/05/27/3070/

Comments

  1. Thanks for this...I'm going to finish reading it at the link!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Giveaway!

I Graduated!

Annie Blogs.