Postponed Skits and Understanding God’s Will

As you may have noticed, skit 4 is not being shown today. Because of illness in the leading actress, the skit has been postponed until next Sunday, when it will be combined with the last skit.

When I got the phone call Saturday evening that Cassidy, or “Tracy” was sick, I was devastated. I so looked forward to seeing yet another piece of my writing come to life. I wondered what God was trying to accomplish in this.

God does all things to bring glory to Himself. How could postponing the skit bring Him glory? Every Sunday, the skits went so well with the message, almost echoing what the pastor preached in his or her sermon. It could only be God. So what is He doing now?

As a human, it frustrates me how I’ll never understand what God does and why. I may never find out what He is doing in this, but I just need to trust it’s for my own good and His Glory. Romans 8:28 says, “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” What an amazing promise! In every single situation I don’t understand, God is creating opportunities, opening doors, all because I love Him and am obeying Him in His call on my life for his ultimate purpose.

Now that’s way cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Giveaway!

I Graduated!

Annie Blogs.