Another Monday


Beep, beep, beep!

Kendal groaned and threw a pillow over her head. She reached out her hand and searched for her alarm clock, whacking it when she found it. Another Monday.

Have you ever felt like Kendal? I know I have. Groaning as I roll out of bed, not wanting to go to school or work after a nice weekend of relaxation. Now I have to start yet another week.

A couple weeks ago, I attended the Mennonite Youth Convention in Columbus, Ohio. It was an awesome opportunity for young Mennonites to worship and learn together. Worship sessions were twice every day, along with a variety of various seminars to choose from. On the last day during the worship session, a speaker by the name of Greg Boyd said something that stuck with me. He said that every morning when he reluctantly rolls out of bed, he says, “God, this day is Yours. What do You want me to do today?” I thought about that for a while. How much less would I take for granted with that kind of attitude? Taking one day at a time to ask God his will. Maybe God will provide words in a good conversation with a fellow student or co-worker who doesn’t know Christ or is struggling with his or her relationship with Christ. Or maybe God will curve your lips in a smile that will change someone’s day…or life.

Beep, beep, beep!

Kendal smacked her alarm, threw off her blankets, and swung her feet over the side of the bed. She opened the curtains to a new day and smiled. “God, this day is Yours. What do you want me to do today?”

Comments

  1. very good! I like how you started and ended w/a great visual and thought provoking middle!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Giveaway!

I Graduated!

Annie Blogs.